On a cold winter day in the 1940s, Canadian National Railways 2-10-2 Santa Fe locomotive 4006 (Class T-1-a) idles at Jellicoe, Ontario. Jellicoe was a divisional point on the Canadian Northern Railway mainline when it opened for traffic 1915. After CN merged lines in 1960, it remained a crew change location until service was terminated in 2005.
Locomotive 4006 was one of ten constructed by Brooks Locomotive Works/ALCO for the Canadian Government Railways in 1916. They were all retired from use in 1960.
B. Franklin Collection