RSS

Hogarth

Cash Creek Trestle Hogarth Station MacAskill Station

Hogarth Station (initially known as Ledger Station) was located northeast of Nipigon at Milepost 60/109.7.

It was likely named after Major General Donald Hogarth, DSO, who was an area businessman and member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. While it was not a major passenger stop, Hogarth had water tank, bunk house and a section house. An additional section house was located 2.7 miles to the east at Milepost 57.3/107. It had the largest siding on the subdivision at 6200 feet or 1.17 miles which it kept until the line was taken out of service in 2005. The water tank was removed in 1931.

 

Comments are closed.

 
%d bloggers like this: