Kinghorn Ballast Pit
Namewaminikan River Bridge Kinghorn Ballast Pit Zroback Station
The Kinghorn Ballast Pit (known officially as Spur KI-21) was located just south of the Namewaminikan River Bridge at Milepost 145.4/44.6.
There is currently no known date for when the pit went into operation. In 1976 it was listed as a 2898-foot through spur used by the Abitibi Paper Company, while a 1982 document shows it only connected at the east end and down to 1000 feet.
At the west end of the pit, at Milepost 45, there was a flag stop known as the Sturgeon River Crossing. It was in use from 1936 to 1955.