Grassy Lake Station Octopus Station Kenogamisis River Bridge
Octopus Station was located west of Longlac on the southeast shore of Octopus Lake at Milepost 109/8.2.
Nothing more than a whistle stop and siding, it was removed as a station between 1965 and 1968. It returned as station (without a siding) in 1986 and was once again removed prior to 2005.
Just to the west of the station, at Milepost 8.9, a flag stop was established in 1945 to service the logging camp of the Pulpwood Supply and later the Longlac Pulp and Paper Company. For a time, towards end of World War II, the camp housed German prisoners of war. To read more about the camp, please read the following article written by historian Edgar Lavoie entitled “Camp 26.”
There are two videos of the remains of Octopus Station in the playlist below.