Fairloch Station Farlinger Station Macdiarmid Station
Farlinger was a station on the railway located between Fairloch and Macdiarmid at Milepost 34.9/84.6.
Established in 1924, Farlinger was nothing more than a whistle stop on the line. Its main purpose was to serve the sawmill that had been opened on the nearby shore of Lake Nipigon by the Western Stevedore Company, which was later taken over by the Nipigon Products Company. A short, 9-car spur was constructed to serve mill. Its name is derived from George E. Farlinger, a well known lumberman from Sioux Lookout who was involved with both companies.
The area where Farlinger sits was once part of Blacksand Provincial Park, which was later renamed Lake Superior Provincial Park in 1978. In 1994 the park was closed and part of the land transferred to the Government of Canada for the creation of Sand Point First Nation, now known as Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinaabek.