Dog River Bridge
Dona Station Dog River Bridge Dona Pit
The Dog River Bridge (also known as the Kaministiquia River Bridge) was located just north of Dona Station at Milepost 27.5.
The bridge was 350 feet long and 30 feet high and was likely constructed in 1910 to replace a temporary wood trestle structure. The approaches were supported by timber piles while the two centre truss sections rested on three concrete piers set in the river. When the eastern portion of the line was abandoned in 1924, the bridge was apparently dismantled and shipped west for use in Saskatchewan. The concrete piers remain where they were placed in the river.