RSS

Jellicoe

Located at Milepost 0 of the Canadian Northern Nipigon Subdivision (MP 0 CNR-Dorion Subdivision, MP 49.7 CN-Kinghorn Subdivison), Jellicoe was named after Admiral of the Fleet, John Jellicoe, 1st Earl Jellicoe. It was originally named Hector, but the name was changed prior to September 1915.

As the divisional point between the Nipigon and Long Lake Subdivisions, Jellicoe was home to a station, roundhouse, section house, water and coal facilities, a large rail yard and several wyes (it is unknown if these wyes were in operation at the same time, but their remains can be found on both the east and west sides of the yard).

 

Comments are closed.

 
%d bloggers like this: