From the Offbeat Series.
This bridge was originally part of the Lake Superior Branch of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway (GTP). Located at Milepost 194.8, it took a year to build and was opened in November, 1908. In 1906, GTP signed an agreement with the City of Fort William (now Thunder Bay) to allow vehicles utilize the bridge on cantilevered spans built on to the main structure.
In the past, the bridge would open regularly to allow ships to pass. However, in recent years it has remained closed with no traffic on that portion of the river, last opening around 2007 or 2008.
In 1915, the Lake Superior Branch was folded into Canadian Government Railways (CGR) and became part of Canadian National Railways in 1918. The line currently ties in with CN’s Kashabowie SD.
Available in 4K (though it might not be available due to YouTube lowering bandwidth worldwide).